REPLACEMENT OF SEWER LINES BY PIPE BUSTING METHOD WITH APPROPRIATE UPSIZING
KRITA ENGINEERING PVT LTD
JOINT VENTURE with TT (UK) LTD ,
MUNICIPAL CORPORATION OF GREATER MUMBAI.
PIPE BURSTING SYSTEM
PIPE BURSTING METHODOLGY
- The methodology involves online pipe replacement wherein old pipe is completely destroyed and the fractured Particles are pushed into the Surrounding soil, while the new line, in the same width or one size larger, is pulled in at the same time. The old pipe line is actually cut open by the roller blade immediately Followed by the expansion head, Advantage of this method include Path of the old pipe can be used because the new pipe to be installed is 1 or 2 sizes larger, no reduction of the cross section, applicable for all types of damage, good bedding conditions, Short equipping time and simple operation technique, high capacity of up to 150 m.
WORKABLE PIPE MATERIAL
- ASBESTOS CEMENT
- CONCRETE INCLUDING REINFORCED CONCRETE
- CAST IRON
- DUCTILE IRON
NEED OF PIPE BUSTING IN MUMBAI
- Existing sewers damaged to extent of 50-75% resulting in flow of waste water in surrounding soil.
- The size of sewer not sufficient to accommodate the flow of sewer.
- The soil strata being filled up to rocky at most places.
- Road blockade cannot be obtained for laying sewer by open cut method.
Prime guide lines & considerations
- Physical site constraints
- Geotechnical Considerations
- Requirements by other authorities
- Project cost
- Local participation and technology transfer
KEY EQUIPMENT DEPLOYED
- Hydraulic Pipe Busting 800g (Tracto Technik Germany)
- Pneumatic Pipe Busting Grundocrack Gigant(Tracto Technik Germany)
- Hydraulic winch 10toone (Tracto Technik Germany)
- Pipe But Wielding Equipment Roweld P 500B (Rothenberger Germany)
SALIENT FEATURES OF COMPLETED SITES.
- 3950 Mts Completed For 15 Packages.
In highly constrained work space and very busy roads.
Existing sewers of diameter 150,175 and 225 mm successfully replaced with 315 and 355mm hdpe pipes.
Rate of Progress Observed
- Average daily production: 50 mts/12 hrs shift
Min: 40.0 m/day
Max: 60.0 m/day